When I first started my self love journey, journaling was one of the first habits I picked up. Today, journaling still is my number one go to when I need to reconnect with myself. As with anything new, journaling can be a bit daunting and maybe even overwhelming, which is why I came up with 50 journal prompts for self love.
What Should I Journal About Self Love?
I have compiled 50 journal prompts that comprises of all 12 aspects of self love which includes self belief, self care, self awareness, self empowerment, self acceptance, self forgiveness, self esteem, self trust, self identity, self expression, self discipline, self respect. These aspects of self love can act as a guide when you start doing your shadow work.
Self Love Habits That Will Change Your Life
If you don’t know where to start with loving yourself, the first place to start would be to make the decision to love yourself and be intentional about self care.
- Committing to yourself daily
- Choosing you over others
- Forgiving yourself everyday
- Being kind to yourself
- Self care
- Dream big
- Eat high vibrational foods and drink water
- More acceptance less judging
- Patience with self
- Addressing your limiting beliefs
- Be Present
- Less consuming more creating
I did a blog post that discusses the importance of self love, which provides tips on how we can show up for ourselves fully. So, if you are a newbie, I highly recommend checking out the article How To Learn To Love Yourself
50 Journal Prompts for Self Love
- What negative thoughts do you have surrounding love?
- Describe the traits you love about yourself.
- List 10 things you love about your body.
- Do you believe that you can be truly happy?
- What are the beliefs you have about yourself?
- What is your current resistance towards change?
- How do you put yourself first?
- If I had more time I would….?
- What would I tell my younger self?
- If I was someone I loved, how would I speak to myself, how would I treat me?
- What promises have you made to yourself that you keep breaking?
- Am I happy with my life right now? If not what would I change?
- If you truly loved yourself, what would life look like?
- Envision the best version of yourself – what habits will align you with her?
- What are my biggest accomplishments so far?
- How would I like to be celebrated when I achieve small or big wins?
- Write down 10 things you appreciate about your body?
- When was the last time you truly felt great in your skin? And what can you do to feel that way again?
- What are the parts of myself that I can’t change but I can learn to love?
- List the things you would do if rejection wasn’t an option.
- What is the hardest part about acceptance? Acceptance of the past and of yourself.
- How can I give myself the approval and validation that I seek from others?
- Who do you need to forgive and what do you need to forgive them for?
- Write a list of things you forgive yourself for?
- What do you need to release in this present moment?
- What have you learnt from your past experiences?
- Write a list of things you want to do before the end of the year?
- What made me feel good this week?
- Which of my talents is most likely to make me famous?
- On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the highest) what/who in my life boosts my self esteem and what lowers it?
- Write down 3 reasons why you feel deserving of love and respect?
- What are my personal values?
- What am I most passionate about?
- List the books, tv shows and movies that had an impact on my life and why?
- Where do I want to be in 5 years?
- Do you struggle to trust yourself? Why do you think that is?
- How can you work on trusting yourself more?
- Do you feel safe expressing your needs and wants around others? How have people reacted to you and how does that affect you?
- Write down your personal boundaries and how you want to start standing up for yourself.
- When was the last time you did something that brought you joy?
- What parts of yourself too you censor to make others happy and comfortable?
- What did you wish you had gotten as a child? How are you giving that to yourself?
- If I could talk to my younger self, would she be happy with woman that I’ve become?
- Would you say you are satisfied with your current relationships? If not, why?
- Write down your biggest fears behind taking action and your regrets if you don’t take action?
- What keeps you motivated and disciplined?
- What are your biggest triggers? Write down ways to self soothe when those triggers come up.
- How can you start treating yourself as someone of value?
- Write down the things you aren’t willing to tolerate anymore from yourself and others?
- How do you expect to be treated by someone who loves you?
[…] journaling to reflect on your thoughts and […]