These self care Saturday ideas will be all you need this weekend to focus on you! We all know how important it is to take some time for yourself and practice self-care.
So if you feeling stuck in a rut, or your everyday life is seeming mundane and uninspiring, then it might be time to shake things up a bit and find some self care activities that will help you romanticise your life.
And I’ve got you covered! Here are 107 ideas to help you have more fun and make every day a more enjoyable experience.
Whether you are looking for something fun, relaxing, or productive, or are just lost on how to practise self care on the weekend, there is something on this list that will fit your needs perfectly.
What Does Self Care Saturday Mean?
“Self Care Saturday” is a term that’s thrown around a lot these days, but what does it actually mean?
Well girlies, I hate to break it to you, but it’s not just about taking a luxurious bubble bath with a glass of wine (although, that’s definitely a perk).
It’s about taking a day to focus on yourself, your mental and physical health, all areas of life and doing things that bring you joy.
Maybe that means finally trying out that yoga class you’ve been eyeing, or choosing to invest in yourself even though it seems scary. Or maybe it means disconnecting from technology and spending the day reading a good book or going out in nature.
The point is, a self care Saturday is all about prioritising yourself for a change – and no it’s not selfish.
Self Care Myths
There’s no denying that Self-care has a lot of misconceptions surrounding it. Let’s debunk three of the most common self-care myths, shall we?
Myth #1: Self-care means spending money.
Sure, buying yourself something nice can boost your mood, but it doesn’t have to mean breaking the bank to practise self care. There are different aspects of self care that goes beyond physical.
Don’t get me wrong, treating yourself to a spa day or a fancy dinner is nice once in a while, but true self-care goes beyond material possessions. It can be as simple as taking a relaxing bath, reading a book, or going for a walk. In fact, some of the best self care practices are free or low-cost.
So, don’t let the pressure of social media or advertisements fool you into thinking that self-care is all about spending money. As they say, the best things in life are free – including a little self love and care.
Myth #2: Self-care looks the same for everyone.
Just like how no two fingerprints are alike, neither are self-care routines.
Some people may find peace in a face mask and bubble bath, while others may prefer a hike in the woods. Some may prefer an hour of meditation, while others may find happiness in baking cookies.
The point is, self-care is not a one-size-fits-all solution. So the next time someone tells you that you’re doing self-care wrong, just remember that they’re not you and what works for them may not work for you.
Myth #3: Self-care is selfish.
Taking care of yourself is anything but selfish. In fact, it’s necessary for a healthy and balanced life. We’ve all heard the phrase “self care is not selfish” and yet we still struggle with putting it into practice.
However, if we stop and think about it, taking care of ourselves is essential to being able to take care of others. It’s like the safety instructions on a plane: “put your own oxygen mask on first before assisting others.” You can’t pour from an empty cup, so it’s time to prioritize our own well-being.
And let’s not forget, there’s nothing selfish about a well-rested, stress-free, and happy person. So go ahead, indulge in that beauty routine or take that nap guilt-free. It’s time to put yourself first, because ultimately, everyone benefits.
52 Things To Do On A Self Care Saturday Weekend That Cost $0
1. Take a nature walk at your local park.
2. Go for a bike ride around town – it’s a great to work out!
3. Revisit old memories with photos from your past to see how far you’ve come.
4. Listen to podcasts about topics that interest you the most.
5. Organise your wardrobe and create outfits for the following week.
6. Write down all those thoughts swirling around in your head to release mental clutter.
7. Play board games and put together puzzles with friends or family members.
8. Try out meditation at home to help you relax physically & mentally.
9. Curl up with a good self help book or any other book that tickles your fancy.
10. Play video games – if that’s your thing why not!
11. Take up photography & document moments throughout everyday life.
12. Tend to your plants – don’t let them die from neglect.
13. Learn a new language like French, Spanish, Italian, German, Korean, Japanese etc. Believe it or not it cost nothing to learn a new language!
14. Make a new music playlist that puts you in a good mood.
15. Make homemade gifts like candles and soaps this will make a perfect gift for you or your loved ones.
16. Create vision boards to visualise your goals, experiences and dreams aspirations.
17. Put on your favorite music and dance like nobody’s watching.
18. Sign up for free online yoga classes or streaming workouts from home.
19. Have a spa day at home with face masks, manicures, and hot baths.
20. Have a picnic in the park with friends or family.
21. Go to the beach for a walk, build sand castles or swim in the ocean.
22. Explore new trails by going for hikes or nature walks. You can meet up with lime-minded people who love to hike.
23. Plan a movie night at home, snuggle with your pet or your favourite person – don’t forget popcorn, snacks, and comfy blankets!
24. Do a DIY face mask. Try this 9 DIY face masks to make your skin glow.
25. Join an online book club or start one of your own book club community on meet-up with people who love reading as much as you do!
26. Talk to a stranger on Omegle.
27. Learn how to bake something new —from cupcakes to cookies— you can share them with friends and family members who appreciate them too.
28. Donate some items you don’t love anymore to charity.
29. Give back to your community by volunteering to an organisation or a local business you care about.
30. Attend a virtual cooking class online.
31. Take dance lessons online.
32. Plan a BBQ event with your friends.
33. Go stargazing on clear nights.
34. Read through interesting articles from magazines and blogs that spark inspiration in you.
35. Take a cold shower – it helps to relieve muscle aches while easing anxiety and depression.
36. Make a list of all the things you’re grateful for in life – you can find my gratitude list here.
37. Take a self care bath with essential oils, flowers, chocolate, a glass of wine – literally anything that makes you feel pampered and special.
38. Make some herbal tea, hibiscus teas are one of my favourites – those bad boys are filled with antioxidants that will have your skin glowing all week!
39. Wear some super comfy clothes- it’s the weekend let loose!
40. Go camping trips with friends or family members.
41. Repeat some positive self love affirmations to uplift your mood.
42. Drink lots of water. I know you have probably heard this a million times but drinking water will give you a confidence boost, because you feel better on the inside that will reflect outwardly.
43. Take a road trip with friends.
44. Create YouTube videos
45. Solve crosswords or colour adult colouring books
46. Create a scrapbook of all your favourite things.
47. Hang out at bookstores or your local library.
48. Visit a botanical gardens to spend time with nature.
49. Host a games night.
51. Go bird watching or people watching.
52. Explore different neighbourhoods, flea markets, thrift stores and shops around town.
24 Solo Things To Treat Yourself This Self Care Saturday
53. Take yourself out for ice cream or frozen yogurt.
54. Treat yourself to lunch at your favorite restaurant or café.
55. Try stand up paddle-boarding or kayaking if you live near water!
56. Join an adult art class where you can a new painting, drawing, or pottery.
57. Go to a comedy show, a live concert or if that’s not your thing you can go to a theatre show.
58. Go to a local museum or an art gallery.
59. Get your mani and pedi done – try these amazing trendy nail ideas on your next salon visit. If you can’t afford to get your nails done, you can always DIY.
60. Spend a day at your local farmer’s market and try some fresh organic produce.
61. Treat yourself to a full body massage.
62. Get a new hairdo. It’s amazing how a simple hair cut can do wonders for your glow up. Here are some hairstyles that you can consider experimenting with.
63. Catch up on your sleep. You might have had to wake up early for your 9-5s but the weekend is the perfect time to catch up on getting your beauty rest.
64. Follow a self care night routine where you actually unwind before bed. You can find ideas on what to do on a self care night here.
65. Go shopping for new clothes or something special just for you.
66. Binge watch some Chick Flix for the perfect night – don’t forget to get your tissues as well!
67. Go for yoga or a dance class.
68. Have a glamorous breakfast in bed.
69. Go out to the movies.
70. Make yourself some delicious smoothies or cocktails.
71. Go on a self care weekend getaway.
72. Attend festivals.
73. Tour wineries.
74. Try out a new feminine hobby such as painting, pottery, or gardening.
75. Put on a sheet face mask to get that dewy glow.
76. Cook a new recipe that is inspired by a different culture.
31 Things To Do For A Self Love Weekend
77. Start writing down your goals so that you can finally take action.
78. Make yourself a healthy meal, one that your gut will thank you for.
79. Create and follow through on a budget. I personally love to use the Emma app or snoop.
80. Schedule a 1-1 meeting with friends.
81. Give yourself the permission to do nothing.
82. Work through some journal prompts to help you gain more self awareness.
83. Create an indoor meditation oasis with plants, candles, and cozy blankets.
84. Organise and declutter your space. I always go by the mantra – When in doubt throw it out!
85. Get your workout on, you literally have no excuse now! Whether it’s dancing, swimming, gyming or taking those 10000 steps.
86. Reflect on the week you had and how the next can be better – I personally love this one!
87. Enjoy outdoor activities such as ; go fishing; take pictures at scenic locations throughout town; plant flowers/trees in public spaces;
88. Put on your favorite outfit and have a photoshoot.
89. Call ups your home girl and catch up with her over the phone.
90. Spend some quality time with your loved ones.
91. Write a manifestation list of what your dream life looks like.
92. Update your resume and create a portfolio of your accomplishments. Take some time to celebrate yourself and how far you’ve come.
93. Attend a networking or social event where you can meet more people.
94. Try out karaoke night at a local bar.
95. Go to an amusement park.
96. Work on one of those projects you’ve been meaning to start.
97. Plant trees or grow some herbs
98. Entertain some guests and make them dinner.
99. Relax with aromatherapy.
100. Write letters to your future self.
101. Experiment with makeup and fashion.
102. Gaze at the sunset.
103. Redecorate your room.
104. Adopt a pet for a day.
105. Get creative with a DIY projects like terrariums, jewellery pieces, etc…
106. Take an online course and learn something new.
107. Have a social media detox.
Why Have a Self Care Saturday?
Self care does not have to fall on a specific day. The idea behind a self care Saturday is to dedicate a day that goes towards fulfilling your self care needs. It’s up to you whether or not you want to have a self care Sunday or Saturday. What matters most is that you are being intentional with it.
Sometimes our lives can feel dull due to monotony but there are plenty of self care activities available right at our fingertips that can help take the edge off and make life more interesting again!
From taking nature walks, trying new recipes, looking back through old photos, creating vision boards, having a social media detox, these are just 107 fun things we can do when you need a good pick-me-up.
So go ahead and treat yourself to these self care ideas this weekend so that you can start next week feeling refreshed and recharged! Enjoy!